"The Other Side Of This Life, Part 1" is the twenty-second episode of the third season of Grey's Anatomy and the 58th produced episode of the series. It is also the 58th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on May 3, 2007.
After things become too complicated in Seattle, Addison travels to Los Angeles to reunite with Sam and Naomi, old friends from medical school, and begins her quest to reach her new dream - a baby. Cristina is tested by the arrival of her and Burke's mothers as they begin to prepare her wedding while Meredith bonds with Susan, and her father, over a case of the hiccups. Derek performs eemrgency surgery on Ava which she hopes will restore her memory.
- "The dream is this: that we'll finally be happy when we reach our goals. Find the guy, finish our internship. That's the dream. And then we get there and, if we're human, we immediatly start dreaming of something else because if this is the dream then we'd like to wake up. Now please."
- "Sealion" - Feist
- "Lost" - The Mary Onettes
- "Down In The Valley " - The Broken West
- "Message From Yuz" - Switches
- "Los Angeles" - The Rosewood Thieves
- "California Sun" - Jem
- "Not Having It" - The Adored
- "Turpentine " - Brandi Carlile
This episodes' title references the song The Other Side Of This Life, originally sung by Jefferson Airplane