"The Other Side Of This Life, Part 2" is the twenty-third episode of the third season of Grey's Anatomy and the 59th produced episode of the series. It is also the 59th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on May 3, 2007.
In Los Angeles, Addison comes to terms with her infertility and finds comfort in her new friends, particularly Pete who tries to prove to her that her life isn't over. Meanwhile, in Seattle, George considers transfering to another hospital rather than dealing with his feelings for Izzie, Burke begins to have reservations about marrying Cristina, Alex continues to care for Ava after her surgery and an unexpected turn of events with a patient devestates Meredith.
- "At some point, maybe we accept that the dream has become a nightmare. We tell ourselves the reality is better. We convince ourselfs that it's better that we never dream at all. But the strongest of us, the most determined of us, hold on to the dream or we find ourselves faced with a fresh dream we never considered. We awake to find ourselves, against all odds, feeling hopeful. And if we're lucky we realize, in the face of everything, in the face of life, the true dream is being able to dream at all."
- "California" - A.B. O'Neill
- "Leaving In Coffins" - Psapp
- "Momma's Boy" - Tim Myers
- "You Don't Have Far to Go" - Candi Staton
- "Your Song" - Kate Walsh
- "Ain't Nothing Wrong With That" - Robert Randolph & The Family Band
- "Mojo Love " - Mojo Love
- "SRXT" - Bloc Party
This episodes' title references the song The Other Side Of This Life, originally sung by Jefferson Airplane