"There's No 'I' In Team" is the fifth episode of the fifth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 83rd produced episode of the series. It is also the 95th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on October 23, 2008.
Bailey heads up a "domino procedure," in which each surgery hinges on the one preceding it, and the residents are all assigned to help her make sure it goes smoothly while they all debate which of their interns to give to George now that he's a resident. When their clinical trial is published, Meredith grows bitter when Derek gets all the credit and, after an uneasy night with Erica, Callie turns to Mark to teach her his skills. Izzie continues to struggle with Alex.
- "I am a rock. I am an island. That's the mantra of pretty much every surgeron I've ever met. We like to think we're independent, loners, mavericks. That all we need to do our job is an O.R, a scalpel and a willing body. But the truth is not even the best of us can do it alone. Surgery, like life, is a team sport. And eventually you've got to get off the bench and decide what team are you batting for?"
- "The thing about choosing teams in real life, it's nothing like it used to be in gym class. Being first pick can be terrifying and being chosen last isn't the worst thing in the world. So we watch from the sidelines, clinging to our isolation because we know as soon as we let go of the bench someone comes along and changes the game completely."
- "Love, Save The Empty" - Erin McCarley
- "Ordinary Day" - Emilie Mover
- "These Quiet Times" - Shady Bard
- "Comes And Goes (In Waves)" - Greg Laswell
- "Hiding My Heart" - Brandi Carlile
- "Live Like You're Dying" - Lenka
This episodes' title references the song There's No 'I' In Team, originally sung by Taking Back Sunday