"Things We Said Today" is the tenth episode of the ninth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 182nd produced episode of the series. It is also the 291st produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on January 10, 2012.
With Adele's life hanging in the balance, Bailey takes charge and rushes her into emergency surgery, while Ben is left wondering whether or not she's become a runaway bride. Richard faces his guilt over his lack of contact with his wife as Adele and Meredith attempt to save her life. Meanwhile, as they wait for Bailey to arrive and the wedding to start, Alex and Jo find themselves connecting further when they are left alone while Callie and Arizona take the time to try and reconnect physically. Meanwhile, April and Jackson both experience unexpected developments during their dates with their interns while Cristina and Owen's reconciliation and divorce conflict.
- "In order to properly treat a problem a surgeon needs as much information as she can get. So we ask questions, questions such as when did the pain begin, have you experienced these symptoms before, do you have a family history, are you currently sexually active, have you recently undergone surgery? If you're unwilling or unable to answer these, and other, questions we're forced to rely on tests for insight. Until those test results come back, there's nothing we can do but wait"
- "The next time you're in the doctor's office remember, she's not asking all those questions for her health, she asking them for yours. Tell her everything, the small details aren't trivial, they actually make the story. There's no rush, take all the time you need. Start at the beginning"
- "Speed The Collapse" - Metric
- "Trojans" - Atlas Genius
- "Nothing To Hide" - Diego Garcia
- "Lightning Bolts" - IKO
- "What I Needed" - Erin McCarley
- "Kiss Me" - Ed Sheeran
- "My Funny Valentine" - Angela McClusky and Tryptich
This episode's title originated from the song Things We Said Today, originally sung by The Beatles.
Last Appearance of Adele Webber