"Time After Time" is the twentieth episode of the third season of Grey's Anatomy and the 56th produced episode of the series. It is also the 56th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on April 19, 2007.
Colin Marlow continues to try and come inbetween Cristina and Burke and intrude on their lives, and his confrontation with Burke escalates when they treat a patient together. When the daughter she gave up for adoption years ago comes to the hospital suffering from leukemia, Izzie finds her past coming back to haunt her and finds her daughters lives in her hands when she needs a bone marrow transplant and turns to George for help. Alex believes he's found Ava's real family and Derek's relationship with Meredith interferes with his chances of becoming the next Cheif.
- "A patients history is as import as their symptoms. It's what helps us decide if heartburn is a heart attack, if a headache is a tumour. Sometimes patients will try to rewrite their own histories. They'll claim they don't smoke or forget to mention certain drugs which in surgery can be the kiss of death. We can ignore it all we want, but our history eventually always comes back to haunt us."
- "Some people believe that without history our lives amount to nothing. At some point we all have to choose, do we fall back on what we know or do we step forward to something new? It's hard not to be haunted by our past. Our history is what shapes us, what guides us. Our history resurfaces time after time after time. So we have to remember, sometimes the most important history is the history we're making today."
- "You Know I'm No Good" - Amy Winehouse
- "Burning" - The Whitest Boy Alive
- "Dancing With Myself" - Nouvelle Vague
- "Clean Getaway" - Maria Taylor
- "Fontana Fontaine" - Lullaby Baxter
- "A Good Start" - Maria Taylor
This episodes' title references the song Time After Time, originally sung by Cindy Lauper