"Time Has Come Today" is the first episode of the third season of Grey's Anatomy and the 37th produced episode of the series. It is also the 37th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on September 21, 2006.
The doctors of Seattle Grace help Izzie cope with the loss of her fiancé, Denny, and her decision to quit the internship program. Meanwhile, Meredith finds herself torn between Finn and Derek after the previous night's events while Addison makes a devastating discovery leading her to think about her past indiscretions. Bailey tries to come to terms with the role she played in Denny’s death while Adele gives Richard an ultimatum and George seeks advice about his relationship with Callie from an unexpected source.
- "In the O.R time loses all meaning. In the midst of sutures and saving lives time ceases to matter. Fifteen minutes, fifteen hours. Inside the O.R the best surgerons make time fly. Outside the O.R, however, time takes pleasure in kicking our asses. For even the strongest of us it seems to play tricks. Slowing down, hovering, until it freezes leaving us stuck in a moment unable to move in one direction or the other."
- "Time flies. Time waits for no man. Time heals all wounds. All any of us wants is more time. Time to stand up. Time to grow up. Time to let go. Time."
- "Lullaby" - The Dixie Chicks
- "Take Me Anywhere" - Tegan And Sara
- "Quicksand" - Sleeping At Last
- "Nothing Brings Me Down" - Emiliana Torrini
- "Gone Daddy Gone" - Gnarls Barkley
- "Under The Milky Way " - Grant Lee Phillips
- "All I Need" - Mat Kearney
This episodes' title references the album Time Has Come Today, originally sung by The Chamber Brothers