"Unaccompanied Minor" is the twenty-second episode of the seventh season of Grey's Anatomy and the 148th produced episode of the series. It is also the 223rd produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on May 19, 2011.
When Derek and Richard become aware of Meredith's dishonesty in the clinical trial there are consequences for everyone involved and Meredith finds both her personal and professional lives at a crossroads while Alex faces the consequences of his decision to disclose the truth. Cristina finds herself in a compromising situation which forces her to decide between her career and her relationship while Teddy makes a suprising chpice regarding her love life. The residents learn which of them will be the new Chief Resident.
- "I always said I'd be happier alone. I'd have my work, my friends but someone in your life all the time: more trouble than it's worth. Apparently I got over it."
- "There's a reason I said I'd be happy alone. It wasn't because I thought I'd be happy alone, it was because I thought if I loved someone and it fell apart I might not make it. It's easier to be alone because what if you learn that you need love and then you don't have it? What if you like it and lean on it? What if you shape your life around it and then it falls apart? Can you even survive that kind of pain? Losing love is like organ damage, it's life dying. The only difference is death ends. This, it could go on forever"
- "Way To The Future" - Katie Herzig
- "Lippy Kids" - Elbow
- "Brighter" - Morgan Taylor Reid
- "Anything But You" - Civalias
- "In Front Of You" - The Quiet Kind
This episode's title originated from the song Unaccompanied Minor, originally sung by Their Only Dreams.