"We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" is the twenty-second episode of the tenth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 218th produced episode of the series. It is also the 329th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on May 1, 2014.
The hospital board are thrown into a state of panic when the revelation that no doctor from Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital will ever win a Harper Avery causes them to begin losing talent and funding and, feelings the weight of her loss on her shoulders, Cristina follows Owen's advice and heads to Switzerland for a medical conference but is stunned to discover that her appearance there was orchestrated by her former mentor and fiancée Preston Burke. As Cristina struggles to deal with Burke's appearance, she is forced to make bold decisions about her past and her future when Burke offers her the opportunity of a lifetime. Meanwhile, Richard struggles to deal with his anger over Catherine's decisions, and takes his frustrations out on Jackson, while April's shocking revelation forces her and Jackson to consider their future as partners and parents. Derek's faith in Amelia is tested when the join forces on a complicated neuro case involving conjoined twins. Meanwhile, Alex begins to accept the perks of his new private practice gig while Jo takes on one case too many at the hospital and Stephanie learns the truth about Bailey's bold move to save her patient's life.
- "Sometimes you just need to get out of town, get a new perspective. But you can't always see that you need a new perspective because you, well, need a new perspective to be able to see that. It's complicated"
- "Open your eyes, what do you see? More possibilities? Does your new view give you more hope? That's the goal although it doesn't always work out that way. Sometimes a shift in perspective just makes you see what you've lost."
- "One Thing Leads To Another" - Sophie Koh
- "Like A Virgin" - Caught A Ghost
- "You Get What You Give" - Vassy
- "Like A Virgin" - Amos Lee
This episode's title originated from the song We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, originally sung by Taylor Swift.