"What Have I Done To Deserve This?" is the nineteenth episode of the second season of Grey's Anatomy and the 28th produced episode of the series. It is also the 28th produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on February 26, 2006.
George and Meredith's friendship becomes strained in the aftermath of their diasterous night together and, while both trying to conceal the truth from their friends, they both struggle to move past what happened between them, while a devestated George attracts the attention of orthopedic resident Callie. Meanwhile, Izzie and Alex's relationship is strained by the return of Denny Duquette and, after Mark's visit to Seattle, Addison and Derek endure some tension of their own.
- "Ok, so sometimes even the best us us make rash decisions, bad decisions. Decisions we pretty much know we're going to regret the moment, the minute, especially the morning after. I mean, maybe not regret-regret because atleast we put ourselves out there but still something inside us decides to do a crazy thing, a thing we know will probably turn around and bite us in the ass. Yet we do it anyway. What I'm saying is we reap what we sow, what goes around comes around. It's karma and anyway you slice it karma sucks."
- "One way or another our karma will lead us to face ourselves. We can look our karma in the eye or we can wait for it to sneak up on us from behind. One way or another our karma will always find us. And the truth is, as surgerons, we have more chances than most to set the balance in our favor. No matter how hard we try we can't escae our karma. It follows us home. I guess we can't really complain about karms, it's not unfair, it's not unexpected, it just evens the score. And even when we're about to do something that we know will tempt karma to bite us in the ass, well it goes without saying, we do it anyway."
- "Careless Love" - Madeleine Peyroux
- "I Hate Everyone " - Get Set Go
- "Be Gentle With Me " - The Boy Least Likely To
- "Throw It All Away " - Brandi Carlile
- "Slow Down " - New Moscow
This episodes' title references the song What Have I Done To Deserve This?, originally sung by Pet Shop Boys & Dusty Springfield