"Where The Wild Things Are" is the twelfth episode of the fourth season of Grey's Anatomy and the 73rd produced episode of the series. It is also the 82nd produced episode of the Grey's Anatomy franchise. It was broadcast on April 24, 2008.
A surgical competition binds the residents to the hospital as they all desperatly compete for points. Meredith, who has begun seeing the hospital therapist, struggles to avoid Derek and Rose's new relationship. while Izzie desperatly works to win the competition and prove herself. Callie and Erica's friendship continues to grow, much to the suprise of Cristina, while George and Lexie face more than the usual challenges of living together when they move into their new apartment.
- "We like to think we are rational beings; humane, conscientious, civilised, thoughtful. But when things fall apart, even just a little, it becomes clear we’re no better than animals. We have opposable thumbs, we think, we walk erect, we speak, we dream but keep down we’re all still rooting around in the primordial ooze; biting, clawing, scratching out an existence in the cold dark world like the rest of the tree toads and sloths."
- "There's a little animal in all of us any maybe that's something to celebrate. Our animal instinct is what makes us seek comfort and a pack to run with. We may feel caged, we may feel trapped but still, as humans, we can find ways to feel free. We are eachother's keepers, we are the guardians of our own humaity and, even though there's a beast inside all of us, what sets us apart from the animals is that we can think, feel, dream and love. And against all odds, against all instinct we evolve."
- "I'm Good, I'm Gone" - Lykke Li
- "Some People" - Goldfrapp
- "What A Day" - Greg Laswell
This episodes' title references the song Where The Wild Things Are, originally sung by Metallica